You should click here to see new jobs in Indonesia
Posted May 8
Dyatmika School (Sekolah Dyatmika) is currently in its 17th year of operations and has grown, particularly in the last 3 years, to offer a rich educational programme in English and Indonesian to children from the age of 4 to 18. Graduating students have gone on to colleges and universities in different parts of the world, e.g. Australia, Italy, the US and Japan as well as Indonesia.
Our international teachers and heads of school work together with their Indonesian counterparts using their overseas experience to instill sound teaching practices. They demonstrate and practice Western teaching methodology, particularly inquiry and experiential approaches to learning. The curriculum is co-planned.
The school itself is situated on a beautiful campus overlooking rice paddies, the beach and the ocean. As well as striving for a rigorous academic programme, the school community is committed to fostering a sense of belonging, it embraces the value of service to others, it respects and incorporates the Balinese culture and strives to be environmentally aware. The school also looks beyond its own boundaries to furthering the excellence of teaching and education in Indonesian national schools.
We are seeking a fully qualified, experienced high school Mathematics teacher to teach up to Cambridge IGCSE, AS and A level. This is a full time teaching position with responsibility also for partnering closely with the Coordinator of the department and Indonesian national teachers in the Mathematics department.
Contract until July 2015, renewable thereafter by mutual agreement.
Details of salary and benefits sent only to candidates who are short listed.
- Mathematically related degree and full teaching qualification
- 3 years Secondary School Mathematics teaching experience
It would also be an advantage to have:
- Experience in trainee teacher support
- Experience in using technology as a teaching and learning tool
- Multicultural and/or bilingual experience
- Some Indonesian language skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in education
- Experience in teaching in another curriculum area
- A sound understanding of pedagogy
- A high standard of teaching practice
- A commitment to professional development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An attitude of acceptance and respect for a diverse school culture
- Experience in implementing change
- Strong team player
Please send a letter to include the following, not to exceed 4 pages:
- CV, including a photo
- a brief statement of your educational philosophy that includes addressing the criteria of this vacancy
- names and contacts for 2 academic referees who can give a confidential reference (include telephone number and email address)
Application deadline: Friday, 17th May 2013.
Please have a look at our website: www.dyatmika.org
This listing has been viewed 411 times