You should click here to see new jobs in China
looking for Math & Science Teacher
Xi'an Tie Yi High School
Xi'an, China 10000 - 11000 CNY per month
Posted November 1
Xi'an is the capital of the Shaanxi province, and a sub-provincial city in the People's Republic of China. One of the oldest cities in China, with more than 3,100 years of history, the city was known as Chang'an before the Ming Dynasty. Xi'an is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China, having held the position under several of the most important dynasties in Chinese history, including Zhou, Qin, Han, Sui, and Tang. Xi'an is the eastern terminus of the Silk Road and home to the Terracotta Army.
Since the 1990s, as part of the economic revival of interior China especially for the central and northwest regions, the city of Xi'an has re-emerged as an important cultural, industrial and educational centre of the central-northwest region, with facilities for research and development, national security and China's space exploration program. It's now one the most populous metropolitan areas in inland China with more than 8 million inhabitants, including urban parts of Xianyang.
Xi'an Tie Yi High School a school with eighty-years of history is a well-known key school in Shanxi Province. It has made a lot of achievements in recent years with the guidance of its educational goals of ¡¡ãHigh Quality, Progressive Styles of Teaching¡¡À and its motto of ¡¡ãResponsibility and Honor¡¡À. It aims at developing the students' life-long ability. Every student comes seeking an understanding of the world and leaves with the desire to make positive a contribution to society. The school has a good reputation in the northwest, including high quality, modernization, distinguished education as well as highly responsible teachers.
Our school covers an area of nearly 50,000 square meters, and approximately 50,000 square meters is occupied by the buildings. All classrooms and laboratories are equipped with the air conditioners, heating and the multimedia equipment. The school has a modern dining hall which can hold more than a thousand people. There are well-equipped students' apartments, a gym, a rock-climbing wall and a soccer field. Our school does its best to ensure that we offer all the services the students need.
Additionally our school has attracted many learned, outstanding teachers who are very responsible and hardworking. Now, six grade teachers make our school as one of the schools which have the most special-class teachers involved in all subjects. Meanwhile, 80% of our teachers are senior teachers. Furthermore, more than 80 teachers are star teachers. They have been awarded for teaching above the provincial level and fine models at and above the city level. With the fast development of Xi'an Tie Yi High School, our goal is to make great efforts to become a top-ranked international school.
The International Education Center at Xi'an Tie Yi High School was developed two and a half years ago to open up the opportunity for our students to study abroad. School level: High school, students ages 15 - 18.The philosophy is to help students not only improve their English ability, but also prepare them for the academic and culture expectations of western institutions of higher education. We believe that it is very important to build a cultural and educational bridge between China and the rest of the world. We are committed to finding ways of connecting the highly disciplined and committed attitudes of the students with the creative thinking and critical ideals of western education.
Global Assessment Certificate is an international course suitable for Chinese High School students co-developed by the United States, ACT Education Solutions, Limited (AES) through introduction of multi-national international course systems. The GAC program consists of a modified and embedded GAC curriculum, designed specifically for Chinese students, and delivered over the last three years of high school concurrently with the local curriculum.
ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides more than a hundred assessment, research, information, and program management services in the broad areas of education and workforce development. In the United States, ACT and the SAT have become famous university entrance examinations. ACT established the ACT Education Solutions Ltd. The aim is to better promote their products in the world including GAC courses.
(1) Full time Math, and Science Teachers
(2) Full time English and Computer Teachers for Grades 10, 11, 12, High School Students who will be going abroad for University Study.
The GAC teaching position is as follows:
TEACHER SALARY AND CONDITIONS:
1. Monthly Salary: RMB10, 000 - 11,000 per month for up to 15 - 18 classes per week depending on qualifications and subjects taught.
2. Accommodation provided free of charge. There is one fully furnished bedroom, a living room and a modern kitchen. Equipment includes TV, telephone, washing machine, refrigerator, microwave, air conditioner, heating system and shower system. The apartment is new and only 10 minutes by city bus from the school and close to all shopping facilities that would be needed by a foreigner.
3. Airfare: 9000RMB round-trip airfare reimbursement for costs to and from the employee's previous place of residence.
4. Insurance: Provided in accordance with government requirements in Xi'an.
5. Vacation: paid National Holidays.
6. Arrival: Pick up from airport.
7. Z-visa: sponsor applying for a Z visa.
8. Resident permit.
9. Internet: Office computer provided with internet access.
10. 24-hour in-country emergency support services. Pre-departure advice to help you plan and prepare Handbook with useful cultural and tourist information, teaching advice, medical information, and local resources program.
Requirements for applicants and only applicants with the following information will be contacted:
1. Bachelor Degree or above (Certified Teacher Preferred).
2. At least two years high school's teaching experience.
3. Math and Science background preferred.
4. Be familiar with ACT (American College Test) and has deep research experience preferred.
5. USA/Canada/UK/Australian citizenship preferred.
6. At least one year's contract commitment.
7. An excellent command of written and spoken English.
8. Cross-cultural sensitivity or study abroad experience.
9. Any other relevant information you think might help your application.
10. Valid Passport (the validity of your passport should be longer than your desired period of commitment in China by at least six months).
11. 2 Passport Size Photo (colour with blue background), two if you're a citizen of the United States or Canada.
12. Release letter from your previous school is also needed for applying for a Z Visa.
13. A Skype/interview is must for all applicants.
Want to know more about Xi'an, you can refer to this website:
We will provide one years' contract and if both parties are satisfied with each other, a contract maybe renewed with teachers likely to be offered an increased salary.
This listing has been viewed 256 times
Xi'an Tie Yi High School