You should click here to see new jobs in Malaysia
Senior Lecturers and Lecturers
Wawasan Open University
Posted August 18
Wawasan Open University - the people’s university is dedicated to serve the needs of adult learners. Currently, it offers sub-degree, degree and postgraduate programmes through the open distance learning mode. Based in Penang, it strategically utilises information technology, a network of regional offices, learning centres and a team of well-trained tutors to support students throughout the nation. In line with the University’s expansion, we are looking for innovative and dynamic academics who can provide leadership to drive our continuous pursuit of excellence.
The appointees will be responsible for developing and coordinating the delivery of courses in one of the following areas and undertake research in relevant areas.
School of Business and Administration
- General Management / Human Resource Management
- Banking and Finance
- Business and Corporate Law
- Hospitality Management & Tourism
- Electrical and Electronics
School of Foundation and Liberal Studies
- Psychology with strengths in Cognitive, Social, Development, or Health Psychology
Social Sciences or Humanities with strengths in Sociology, Political Science History or Music
School of Education, Languages and Communications
- English Literature
- Educational Management
- Coordinate the development of Open Distance Learning materials for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Coordinate the delivery of courses in the prescribed fields within the School.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, management and evaluation of part-time tutors.
- Maintain close liaison with external examiners, course writers and course assessors.
- Maintain close working relationship with other support units such as Registry, Library, Educational Technology & Publishing.
- Prepare assignment and examination questions and their accompanying marking guides.
- Undertake such other appropriate duties as are assigned by the Dean and the Vice Chancellor.
- A PhD or Masters degree from an accredited University in the relevant discipline.
- Excellent command of English and competency in Bahasa Malaysia.
- Experience in Teacher Education and teaching, specialization in curriculum and methodology. [*for School of Education, Languages & Communications]
- Experience in Open Distance Learning programmes and/or a record of research and publications would be an added advantage.
This listing has been viewed 389 times
Wawasan Open University