You should click here to see new jobs in Korea
Looking for Graduates to Teach English
Busan, Korea 1900000 - 2700000 KRW per month
Posted August 2
ESLstarter are looking for graduates to teach English at public schools throughout South Korea starting February 2013.
This program offers an excellent tax free salary (minimum KRW1,900,000 monthly), flight allowance, fully furnished apartment, completion bonus, medical insurance and generous vacation allowance.
9 Great Reasons to Teach with the Public School Program in South Korea
- Earn a fantastic local salary which will enable you to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle and pay off student loans.
- Fully furnished private accommodation provided.
- Receive a flight allowance of KRW 2,600,000.
- Make new friends and share this adventure with hundreds of other candidates from the UK, USA, SA, AUS, IRE and NZ who will be starting in February.
- Full orientation and training provided.
- Receive a completion bonus equal to one month's salary.
- Every class has a Korean co-teacher to help you.
- Generous holiday allowance giving you the chance to explore Korea and other exciting parts of Asia!
- One year contract
- Start date: mid-February (full orientation to be followed by placement at assigned school)
- Teach Elementary, Middle or High school
- Working days: Monday - Friday
- Working hours: 8.30AM - 4.30PM or 9AM -5PM (depending on school)
- Total hours: 22 classes per week (so 3 or 4 classes per day)
About my role
- Teach conversational English to enthusiastic classes of Korean students
- Student evaluation
- Prep class
- Develop curriculum and teaching materials
- Assist with activities related to English language education
- Share your culture and experiences with young Korean learners
Salary & Benefits
- KRW 1.9 - KRW 2.7 monthly salary (depending on experience)
- KRW 1,300,000 Entrance Allowance to cover flight cost into Korea
- KRW 1,300,000 Exit Allowance upon completion of contract
- Rural Allowance + Provincial allowance (depending on location)
- KRW 300,000 Settlement Allowance (one time payment)
- Furnished housing or, where housing is not available, a rent subsidy of KRW 400,000 monthly
- 3 Weeks PAID vacation (8 day summer recess, 10 day winter recess) + approximately 12 national holidays
- 22 hours of class teaching required per week
- Overtime pay or KRW 20,000 per hour per supplementary class
- Severance pay equivalent to one month's salary
- Tax exemption for 2 years apart from Canadians due to lack of ROK Treaty
- Compulsory medical insurance - 50% of premiums paid by employer
- National Pension scheme - 50% of contributions paid by employer
- Full 8 day orientation
- One year contract
- All national holidays
- We have been an official EPIK recruiter for over 3 years
- We place 100s of teachers onto the EPIK program each year
- Our helpful staff have all taught English in Korea at some point!
- We will get back to you on your questions in double-quick time!
- We are passionate about making the application process as smooth and straightforward as possible
Read testimonials from EPIK teachers who have used ESLstarter to secure placement on the program here: http://www.eslstarter.com/teachers-testimonials.php
Destination South Korea
A country of soaring mountains, ancient fortresses, resplendent palaces, futuristic cities and 50 million welcoming hand-shakes, Korea offers an endless array of experiences! Slurp at mouthwatering kimchi soup, check-out ancient temples hidden amongst Seoul's tangled side-streets, soak up the bohemian atmosphere of remote mountain towns or just unwind in one of Korea's soothing hot spring spas. The ''Soul of Asia'' welcomes you!
The following cities and provinces are available for the February 2013 in-take:
++Busan ++Chungbuk ++Chungnam ++Daegu ++Daejeon ++Gangwon ++Gwangju ++Gyeongbuk ++Gyeongnam ++Incheon ++Jeju ++Jeonbuk ++Jeonnam ++Seoul ++Ulsan
Skills & Qualities
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who can commit themselves to a year of working with these schools. As a teacher you will have full classroom responsibilities including creating lesson plans, student assessment, and curriculum development. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved something special, to gain a real insight into Korea's unique culture, and to influence the lives and community of Koreans young and old. Experience is a plus but not essential! Sound interesting? Then why not apply now!
- Nationality of UK, IRE, USA, CAN, AUS, NZ or SA (due to visa requirements)
- Bachelors degree (any field)
- Commitment to a 1 year contract
This listing has been viewed 340 times